How Many Left

9861 Hours Left

Monday, October 1, 2012

Contest: I'm giving 10% of my profits to your favorite charity!

I'm not even going to attempt to count the hours I've racked up since the last time I wrote. I'll say I've been on a tear, already 9,000 words into the End Times. I'm hoping it's going to be around 100,000, so I'm moving along nice with that.

First, I want to say thanks to anyone who has purchased Dead Religion. I can't thank you enough. If you haven't, get it now, and gift it ten times (I kid, kinda): Buy Here. The reviews I'm getting back are all very positive, and that's good. I'm having trouble penetrating the horror market, everything so far has been word of mouth that stems from me or someone I know. Just gotta keep on keepin' on, though. Currently I put an hour a day into marketing, and I've been neglecting this blog. I'm going to get back onto blogging, Monday's and Thursday's--as it's necessary too. Holla at Meet My Husband for reminding me of that all the time.

So what's next? I have an interview tomorrow for my book, and I've done another interview that is going up at the end of November (takes forever, right?). Got something in the works for late October, kinda Halloween themed, which should be cool for any horror fans--teaming up with some other horror authors for it.

So, I'm going to do a pretty little contest that I doubt many people will participate in, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. This is what I want to do: whoever can convince the most people to buy my book, I'll do two things for them: 1) I'll name a character in End Times (my next book) after them, and they can decide the character attributes (up to a point, after all, creative control rests with me), and more importantly 2) I will dedicate 10% of all profits I make during the month of October with Dead Religion to a charity of your choice. 

Pretty sweet deal, if you ask me.

Now, this is how you prove to me you did it: Simply have someone email (DavidBeersAuthor@gmail.com), comment here, tweet me (@engineofsociety), or facebook saying they bought it because you told them to. That's it. I'll trust you. Fairly simple, fairly easy, and in the end we're doing a good deed with charity.

We'll do it from today to 10/1/2012 until 10/11/2012.

Questions? Just drop me a line the same way.

Hope you guys decide to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment